Arkansas Archeological Society members 18 and older, who are currently enrolled in college or graduate school and who are majoring, or planning to major, in archeology, anthropology, or a related field (e.g., cultural studies, museum studies, geography, etc.) are eligible to apply for scholarship support. Rising freshmen, or recent college graduates who will be enrolling in a graduate program in the next academic year, are also eligible. To apply, please submit the following:
· Statement of Interest (1–2 pages) describing your interest in archeology, future education and career plans, and why the Annual Meeting will benefit you as you work towards your goals.
· One letter of reference from a professor or instructor which may be mailed or emailed separately by your professor or instructor to address below.
· A list of college courses and other relevant training you have taken. Indicate where and when.
· You must be a member of the Arkansas Archeological Society to be awarded a scholarship. You may join at any time on the website. Scholarship applications will be accepted June 1st through August 15th for the following September annual meeting. The deadline for acceptance is August 15. The number of scholarships awarded annually will be limited by the amount of annual interest earned by the account from which the scholarship funds are drafted.
· Include your expected expenses for lodging, meals and travel. You are encouraged to stay at the host hotel and use their room rate for Friday and Saturday. Do not include your expenses for our awards banquet with keynote speaker or registration fees. Those will be provided as part of the scholarship.
Arkansas Archeological Society
ATTN: Annual Meeting Scholarship
2475 N. Hatch Ave.
Fayetteville, AR 72704
Telephone: (479) 575-3556 (Marilyn Knapp)